Recipe from W Maldives: Chili Glazed Lobster Tail
Maldives Promotion House – Our recipe for this week is presented by Nikolaj Retpen, Executive Chef of W Retreat & Spa, Maldives. Native of Denmark, Nikolaj has worked at number of luxury hotels and restaurants in Denmark, Indonesia and Maldives. After working at Sheraton Maldives as a Executive Sous Chef, Nikolaj joined W Maldives in May 2012.
- 60ml corn oil
- 50g red onion – fine chopped
- 50g fresh red chili – chopped
- Juice of one lemon, or to taste
- 50g garlic – fine chopped
- 40g palm hearts – sliced
- 30g snow peas Julienne
- 30g ripe mango – cut into small dices
- Micro herbs for decoration
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Boil lobster tail 5 mins and remove shell, marinate in lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Meanwhile, heat 2 pans with 30ml corn oil in each pan over medium-high heat. In the first pan add onion, garlic, snow peas and palm hearts. Cook for 2 mins and remove from the fire. In the second pan add chili and mango cook for 2 min and remove from heat.
- Cut lobster tail into 5 slices
- Arrange palm hearts and snow peas on plate
- Place cut lobster on top of the palm hearts and snow peas
- Finish by arranging mango and chili on top of lobster
- Decorate with micro herbs
W Retreat & Spa, Maldives
A private island and luxury playground in a wonderland of white sand beaches, turquoise lagoons, and breathtaking reefs, W Maldives offers exclusivity, escape, and indulgence in a pristine seaside sanctuary. W Maldives features 78 exclusive villas – each with a private plunge pool and sundeck; six gourmet eateries and nightlife hot spots including 15 BELOW, the region’s only subterranean grotto bar, literally located 15-feet below sea level; a wonderland of island exploration and adventures; and an over-water AWAY Spa for ultimate rejuvenation.