Recipe from Four Seasons Explorer: Coconut Grilled Lobster
This recipe is by Stephane Brallet, Executive Chef of Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru.
Coconut Grilled Lobster
- 4, 2 lb (1 kg) lobsters
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sea salt
- ½ tbsp (7 ml) black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) avocado oil, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ginger-garlic paste
- 2 cups (500 ml) vegetable stock
- 2 lemon basil leaves
- 1 stalk lemon thyme
- 15 asparagus spears
- 1 cup (250 ml) snowpeas
- 2 baby leeks, halved
- 1 baby fennel, quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped parsley
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 3 basil leaves
- Separate the lobsters into heads and tails. Boil the heads in water for two minutes and then set aside.
- Cut the lobster tails in half. Place tails in a bowl, add salt, pepper, 1 tbsp (15 ml) avocado oil and ginger-garlic paste and set aside to marinate.
- While lobster tails are marinating, in a medium pot, bring vegetable stock to a simmer and add the lemon basil and lemon thyme. Add the asparagus, snow peas, leeks and fennel and cook until tender-crisp. Drain and toss with remaining avocado oil, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Grill the lobster tails on a charcoal grill (use coconut charcoal, if possible) for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Peel eggplant skin and slice the skin into strips the size of linguine pasta. Fry the eggplant skin in hot vegetable oil until crispy. Drain.
- To serve, place lobster heads, tails and vegetables on a platter. Garnish with lemon and lime wedges, fresh basil and crispy eggplant skin.