Recipe from Constance Moofushi : Fish Ceviche
Fish Ceviche Acapulco Style
Delicious, fresh tasting and healthy, Constance Moofushi fresh fish ceviche, Acapluco style makes a perfect starter or light lunch.
- 1 lb fresh fish fillets, bite-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds/stem removed, finely chopped
- 2 lemons and 2 limes, juiced to make 3/4 cup – use more if needed
- 1 tbs salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- Place fish and onions in a non-metallic bowl. Add the citrus juice, salt and pepper and toss well. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- To serve strain fish and onions through a sieve and discard the liquid.
- Put fish and onions into another non-metallic (slightly chilled) serving dish. Add all remaining ingredients, except the avocado and toss well. Correct seasonings to suit your taste.
- Slice avocado into 8 to 12 wedges.
- Serve in a separate bowl as garnish.