Tucked away in the crystalline turquoise waters of the North Malé Atoll, easily reachable by speedboat and seaplane, Jumeirah Maldives Olhahali Island is the perfect family getaway. From exceptional dining experiences, tranquil spa facilities and awe-inspiring underwater adventures to a splash waterpark, indoor play area and family-friendly cinema, the luxurious all-villa resort offers something for everyone.
With 67 beach and over-water villas in one-, two- and three-bedroom configurations, Jumeirah Maldives Olhahali Island provides luxurious accommodation to suit families of all sizes. Boasting the largest villas in the North Male Atoll, featuring spacious living area and expansive outdoor spaces with private pool and rooftop terrace, the contemporary resort is the perfect property to enjoy time exceptionally well spent with your loved ones this summer.
Families can choose from a wide array of activities on offer to ensure guests of all ages will be well entertained. Complimentary family activities on offer include:
- Kayak Race at Dive Centre: Participate in this challenge and see if you have what it takes to be the Olhahali Kayaking Champion. Suitable for children 4 and above if accompanied by an adult. Children 10 and above can ride the kayak on their own.
- Cocktail Party with Maldivian Cultural Show at Coconut Beach: Join us as we introduce ourselves and indulge in an evening of fine cocktails and local ‘Bodu Beru’ music on the coconut beach. Suitable for children of all ages, they will be exposed to the culture of Maldives through performance arts. The cocktail reception has a variety of non-alcoholic mocktails for the children to enjoy as well.
- Nature Walk at Fini Maizan: Take a stroll around the island with our gardening chief, as he takes you on an informative journey through the flora and fauna. Suitable for children of all ages.
- Arts & Crafts at Island Studio: Get creative in this session filled with colour and imagination, brush up on your artistic skills and create a masterpiece to take home. Family activity, suitable for children 4 and above.
- Learn Dhivehi at Café Lounge: Only spoken in the small nation of Maldives, Dhivehi is a rare language and learning the basics is quite easy. Family activity, suitable for children 6 and above.
- Beach Volleyball at Water Sports Beach: Let’s get active in a fun-filled session of Beach Volleyball with the beautiful backdrop of the island lagoon. Suitable for older children and teens 12 and above, and adults.
- Marine Talk at Dive Centre: Take part in a lecture with our in-house Marine Biologist, who will take you on a journey through the secrets of the underwater world. Suitable for older children and teens 12 and above, and adults.
- Football for Teens and Adults at Team’s Football Ground: Join in for a game of the internationally loved sport where you will play with & against others in a friendly match. Suitable for teens 14 and above, and adults.
- Children’s Swimming Lessons at Shimmers Pool: Swimming is an important skill for any child visiting or living near the shores. They will learn basic swimming strokes in this session. Suitable for children 6 and above, and adults.
- Coral Planting at Dive Centre: Take part in our sustainability initiative and participate in the coral planting activity where you will make an active impact on the reefs. Suitable for children of all ages and parents. A good activity to introduce them to marine conservation and coral restoration.
- Little Guest’s Cinema Under the Stars: Watch a movie under the glimmering stars of the Maldivian night sky. Suitable for children of all ages.
- Stand-up Paddle Board Race at Water Sports Beach: Take part in this challenge and see if you can beat all the paddle-boarders of the island and become the island champion. Suitable for children 4 and above if accompanied by an adult. Children 10 and above can ride the paddle board on their own.
- Towel Art Class at Kayto: Have you ever wondered how the beautiful & creative towel set-ups are done in hotels around the world? Take this chance to find out. Family activity, suitable for children 5 and above.
- Treasure Hunt at Fini Maizan: Legends say that the pirates visited Olhahali Island eons ago and buried treasure in the island. Let’s go on an adventure to find it all. Kids Club activity, suitable for children 3 and above.
- Children’s Marine Talk at PLAY Kids Club: Take part in a lecture with our in-house Marine Biologist, who will take you on a journey through the secrets of the underwater world. Kids Club activity, suitable for children 3 and above.
- ‘Bodu Beru’ Session at Island Studio: Find your Maldivian rhythm with our champion Bodu Beru drummers and brush up on your musical abilities. Suitable for older children and teens 12 and above, and adults.
Additionally, families can also enhance their stay with a wide range of add-on watersports and culinary activities to keep little ones entertained:
- Semi Submarine at Dive Center: An experience that takes you underneath the waves to view the aqua-scapes and the colourful life through large viewing windows. Suitable for children of all ages, should be accompanied by an adult. This experience is a great way for them to marvel at the underwater world without having to snorkel/get wet.
- Kids’ Banana Boat Ride or Fun Toy Ride at Dive Centre: Take part in this thrill-filled water sports activity as you get dragged around in a fun inflatable toy on the waves around the island. Suitable for children 6 and above, must know how to swim and should be accompanied by an adult.
- Traditional Sunset Fishing at Dive Centre: Throw in your fishing line and watch the sunset as you wait for fish to nibble on your bait. Suitable for children 6 and above, must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pizza Making Class at Shimmers on the Beach: Our masterful chefs will teach you on the best practices & secrets to the perfect pizza in this culinary learning session. Suitable for older children and teens 12 and above, and adults.
- Latte Art Class at Café Lounge: Find out how the baristas make your cup of coffee look deliciously enticing in this latte class and learn the secrets to the perfect cup. Suitable for older children and teens 12 and above, and adults.
Families looking for the ultimate getaway can take advantage of Jumeirah’s Exceptional Summer Escapes offer for bookings made before 31st August 2022 for stays up until 30th September 2023. The offer includes 20% off the Jumeirah Flexible Rate when staying from three nights or more, plus USD 300 resort credit and complimentary 30-minute spa treatment when booking a 60-minute treatment session. In addition, Jumeirah One members can avail an additional exclusive 5% saving.
Please visit Jumeirah.com/Maldives for more information or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings. In the meantime, stay connected via our social media channels and don’t forget to tag us in your posts with #TimeExceptionallyWellSpent.
Bandos Maldives Easter Eggstravaganza: A Celebration of Fun and Adventure
Bandos Maldives is thrilled to announce the Easter Eggstravaganza, set to take place on March 30th, 2024. This vibrant celebration promises an unforgettable Easter experience for guests of all ages. The event will feature an array of exciting activities designed to bring joy and excitement to the holiday festivities.
Guests are invited to step right up to the Kokko Club Playground and immerse themselves in a world of fun at our Mini Carnival. Additionally, participants can test their luck and skill at the Blackout Bingo Bonanza, where dabbing their way to victory awaits.
For those with a creative spirit, our Easter Art painting session offers the perfect opportunity to unleash their artistic talents and paint their way into spring. Meanwhile, adventure seekers can embark on a thrilling Bunny Trail Adventure, joining the epic Bunny Hunt Challenge to locate all the hidden bunnies lurking around the Kokko Club.
At Bandos Maldives, we are committed to providing our guests with extraordinary experiences, and the Bandos Easter Eggstravaganza is no exception. This Easter, make memories that last a lifetime at Bandos Maldives. Don’t miss out on the excitement!
Baros Maldives: The Perfect Setting for a Joyful Easter in the Maldives
Baros is a treasure nestled in the Indian Ocean, just waiting to be discovered. This Easter, uncover the myriad of delights on offer for guests celebrating the holiday on our pristine island shores.
From sunrise dolphin cruises to underwater marvels, serene spa journeys and delicious culinary sensations, every moment on Baros is a magical surprise. From 29th March to 4th April 2024, the Baros team has curated a special program of Easter celebration. Choose from a wide range of specially crafted experiences and curate your very own Easter escape of a lifetime.
Baros delights the senses. There is something for everyone to enjoy, from snorkelling, diving and exciting excursions to unparalleled destination dining experiences and sensational spa moments.
Guests are invited to harvest fresh and exotic ingredients from Baros’s Chef’s Garden for a unique meal preparation under the expert guidance of our award-winning chefs. Alternatively, they can immerse themselves in the allure of a specially curated menu, set by the seashore under a tapestry of stars. Every dish is a culinary masterpiece, creating unforgettable moments.
For adventure on the high seas, guests can spend the day exploring five traditional fishing methods across multiple stunning locations on a fishing extravaganza. Or set sail on Baros’s luxury yacht, Serenity for a sunrise frolic with playful dolphins.
At Baros, guests are welcomed to immerse themselves in the vibrant tapestry of Maldivian culture as local traditions come alive. Delve into the rich history and customs of our island sanctuary as you tantalise your senses with local delicacies, participate in interactive experiences and listen to captivating narratives from a local historian.
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands Announces 2024 Masters of Crafts Program With Stellar Line-Up of Guest Experiences
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands is set to welcome a shining season of global talent in its signature Masters of Crafts program for the second year running. Working with some of the world’s most talented masters of food and drink, wellness, adventure and environmental innovation, the resort’s curation of considered guest experiences has transformative travel at its heart. From epicurean journeys with Michelin Star chefs and award-winning bartenders, retreats guided by leading names in wellness, to adventure and learning with surf icons and environmental thought leaders, 2024 guarantees extraordinary memories of a lifetime.
The series, which last year included two Michelin Star British chef Tom Sellers with decorated bartenders from Singapore’s Vijay Mudaliar of Native, to Malaysia’s Jungle Bird and celebrity crystal healer Emma Knowles, will run throughout 2024 bringing a star-studded choice of dates to the luxury travel agenda.
The resort’s signature Behind the Bar series is set to impress in 2024. Opening on the 8th March and running through to the 6th December, this exclusive program promises an exquisite fusion of international mixology talent, sustainability-focused concepts, and a celebration of local ingredients. Guests will have access to some of the world’s most decorated drinksmiths with a line-up including; Stockholm’s Hampus Thunholm from Röda Huset, 8th-13th March, Paul Aguilar & Maros Dzurus from HIMKOK, 5th-6th April, Republic from Singapore, 24th – 25th July, Bangkok’s Matteo Cadeddu from Opium, 9th-10th August, New York’s Harrison Ginsberg from Overstory, 18th-19th September, Berlin’s Damien Guichard from Wax On, 22nd, 23rd November and Paris’ Hyacinthe Lescoet from The Cambridge Public House, 5th-6th December.
This Easter, from 27th March – 2nd April, New York based meditation practitioner and contemplative guide Kirat Randhawa, will inspire guests to approach life through a different lens. Randhawa will share practical tools for self-care on a journey of discovery where transformative sessions and empowering wellness practices will include; cultivating stillness, igniting and welcoming reflection, inviting expansion, practicing reinforcement and deepening integration.
From 23rd-27th May an immersive wellness retreat brings together global gurus of practice with The Essence of Balance – Elemental Harmony. A week-long program will follow a journey driven by the spiritual power of the number five and the five elements of earth, water, fire, air and spirit. Guiding a cosmic dance are five practitioners each custodians of an elemental force.
California-based international yoga teacher Josh Kramer brings the grounding element of earth with his celebrated practice blending Iyengar and vinyasa flow. Movement instructor and founder of the Jacy Method, Jacy Cunningham introduces his powerful method of physical movement representing the adaptability of water, while sound healer and Reiki master Nicole Rutsch will harness the intellect of air and the power of nature’s vibrations. New York’s Jackie Stewart will channel transcendence of spirit with guided meditation, while guests will be nourished by Nicole Berrie, founder of cult wellness guide, Bonberi, with a plant-based menu of her most celebrated dishes representing the transformative element of fire.
In a Summer of Renewal, The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands is committed to ensuring that all guests ‘Leave Better’. From 19th-23rd July, celebrity healer and founder of the sound healing school The Copper Vessel, Susy Markoe Schieffelin, will take residency with a soothing practice guided by the moon. Under Maldivian skies guests will bathe in Susy’s signature sound baths as enjoyed by millions worldwide, with her clients including Google, the Los Angeles Philharmonic and solo artist LeAnn Rimes. From 15th-20th August the Summer transformation continues with movement guidance from celebrated practitioner and founder of Project Woman, Abi Adams. During two programs guests will embark on an emotional journey and exploration of hormonal balance with tools of meridian dance, rhythm meditation, music, yoga and creative writing.
A first for the resort, 2024 sees the introduction of two retreats partnering with championship surf heroes Nic von Rupp and Victor Bernardo. During the Maldives’ optimum surf season of June and July, the exhilarating escapes led by von Rupp and Bernardo will allow guests to ride and master the four most popular waves in the North Malé Atoll comprising Chicken, Cokes Surf Break, Honkeys and Jailbreak.
With his trademark touch of Portuguese flair and German strength, Nic Von Rupp is one of the top ‘big wave’ surfers in the world. Two-time finalist of ‘World Surf League Big Wave Performance of the Year’, von Rupp spends his time in pursuit of the world’s largest swells and will take the helm at The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands from 4th-13th June. Brazilian big wave surfer Victor Bernardo was born on a board, surfing from the age of four and with global accolades under his belt, he is one to watch on the free surfer circuit. Bernardo will lead a guest retreat from 1st-7th July.
Growing its stable of exceptional gastronomic experiences, 2024 will see pop-up residencies with an impressive circle of culinary friends. From 27th July-3rdAugust, two Michelin Star and one Michelin Green Star, Chef Bruno Verjus brings a taste of his Paris restaurant Table by Bruno Verjus to the Fari Islands. For two nights only, an exquisite menu from the home of the famed ‘tarte au chocolat avec caviar’ will be created and served under the stars at the resort’s Beach Shack. Guests will also have the opportunity to join Verjus in an exclusive masterclass, and for the winning bidders of the Marriott Bonvoy Moments’ package, the chance to embark on a big game fishing excursion.
From 10th-12th August Chef Pam Soontornyanakij, newly crowned Asia’s Best Female Chef 2024, will bring her celebrated mastery from Bangkok’s Potong. The first and youngest female chef to receive both a Michelin Star and ‘Opening of the Year’ award from the Michelin guide in the same year will present a bespoke menu of her progressive Thai-Chinese cuisine in an exclusive two-night residency at Summer Pavilion.
Chef Rolf Fliegaulkf, founder and executive chef of Switzerland’s Ecco will take over the resort’s Beach Shack for two nights from 12th-14th November. The two Michelin Star and 18 Gault Millau points’ Fliegaulkf will unveil a creative menu bursting with exquisite flavour pairings demonstrating his signature approach of ‘purist aroma cuisine’.
The resort’s Visiting Heroes for 2024 bring inspired interactions with conservationists and environmental thought leaders. From 8th-18th April legendary ocean explorer, film maker and conservationist Jean-Michel Cousteau will be returning to the resort in continuation of the Ambassadors of the Environment program and to provide a truly unique residency. Cousteau will host several presentations focused on marine biology, lead a number of dives with guests including coral regeneration, and chair a thought-provoking panel discussion alongside marine biologists and representatives from the Ministry of Climate Change, Environment, and Energy. An exclusive Marriott Bonvoy Moments’ experience will be available to two lucky guests via bid application, closing on the 23rd March.
Joining the Visiting Heroes series, climate activist and Forbes 30 under 30 for social impact, Saad Amer will play a pivotal role in the development of the resort’s sustainability agenda this year. A UN consultant and named ‘most influential voice in ESG’ by WWD, Amer will be launching new sustainability initiatives while undertaking educational programming with local islands and schools as part of the resort’s Community Footprints program. Dates for guest presentations and exclusive panel sessions will be announced soon.
Food1 week ago
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives Unveils Mediterraneo by Jeffrey Vella: A Culinary Oasis Redefining Luxury Dining
Celebration1 week ago
Sun Siyam Vilu Reef Celebrates Eid with Enchanting Festivities
Awards1 week ago
Angsana Velavaru nominated in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards and Travel + Leisure Luxury Awards Asia Pacific
News1 week ago
Jawakara Islands Maldives Accredited for Jawaka Kids Club by Worldwide Kids
Entertainment1 week ago
Nicole Scherzinger and Thom Evans Indulge in Romantic Valentine’s Day Getaway at Seaside Finolhu Maldives
Featured7 days ago
Bunny hop to an Easter playground at Hard Rock Hotel Maldives and SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton
News1 week ago
Beond to Elevate Inflight Entertainment Experience with Apple Vision Pro
Drink6 days ago
Atmosphere Core Redefines Wine Experiences with Global Events and Unique Partnerships