Recipe from Dusit Thani Maldives: Pu Ja (Thai crab cakes)
PU JA (Thai crab cakes)
Our recipe for this week is from Banjarong Restaurant at Dusit Thani Maldives. A timeless paean to Thai sensuality, the resort’s signature restaurant will delight you with Chef Sunai’s unique cooking techniques of Royal Thai cuisine served in a picturesque setting. Experience the delights of Thai food with all its variety, taste, and tradition in an over-water restaurant. Restaurants Thai chefs blend their culinary skills with tasteful innovations creating a memorable feast. Thai crab cakes served in their shells and deep fried with egg.
Ingredients (Serves four person)
- 400g Minced skinless white prawns
- 120g Onion shopped
- 150ml Chili sauce
- Eight Eggs
- 20g Blended minced garlic, coriander, white pepper
- 40ml Oyster sauce
- 10ml Light soya sauce
- 10ml Seasoning sauce 10 ml
- 10g Sugar
- 200g Crab meat
- 300g Minced chicken
- 14 Crab shell 3″ side
- 500ml Oil (for frying)
Fresh coriander and red chili
- Mix the minced white prawns, chicken, crab meat, two of the eggs, onion, oyster sauce, soya sauce, seasoning sauce, sugar, spice mix and mix all together in a bowl.
- Stuff the clean crab shells with the mixture.
- Steam the shells for eight minutes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan. In a separate bowl lightly beat the remaining eggs.
- Drop each shell in to the egg mixture before deep-frying until golden brown.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce and garnish with coriander leaf and fresh red chili.