The holiday season is just around the corner, and there is no better place to celebrate than at Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru and Dhawa Ihuru. As the year ends, the “twin islands” invite travellers globally for a series of enchanting festivities that will make their holidays truly memorable.
Embark on a memorable New Year’s Eve journey starting with a delectable dinner, followed by live music, and a thrilling countdown. This ‘Cast Away in Bohemian-Inspired Paradise’ theme allows guests to dress in their favourite attire, and just be comfortable with themselves.
As Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru and Dhawa Ihuru ring in the New Year, a spectacular lineup of events awaits guests:
- Festive Tree Lighting: The celebration kicks off with a magical tree lighting ceremony on 22 December, setting the stage for a Bohemian-inspired year-end celebration. Guests can witness the twinkling lights and holiday spirit fill the air as we officially welcome the festive season.
- Kiddies O’clock: Special activities for the little ones are prepared, including Christmas Card Making and T-shirt Painting, ensuring they have as much fun as the adults throughout the festive season. On 23 December, they can participate in a magical Christmas Kids Party with Santa.
- Christmas Eve Sunset Cocktails and Christmas Eve Dinner: On 24 December, guests can enjoy a mesmerising sunset cocktail hour, serenaded by a delightful choir. Santa himself will make a special appearance, bearing gifts for all. Later in the evening, indulge in a sumptuous dinner with live entertainment to elevate the holiday spirit.
- Wellbeing Workshops: Guests can partake in a variety of wellbeing activities, including Sunset Yoga and Ocean Breath, Acupressure Workshop, Family Bonding Yoga, Year-end Gratitude Meditation, and New Year’s Resolution Yoga to rejuvenate the body, mind, and soul.
- Stay For Good: Engage in meaningful activities such as Christmas Coral Planting, Species Spotter, Marine Talk, and Corals’ Special Documentary to make a positive impact on this stunning destination.
- Culinary Experiences: For those looking to expand their culinary horizons, join the Japanese Whisky Class, Make Your Own Margarita, and Master the Art of Yakitori at Madi Hiyaa, Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru’s newest architectural and gastronomic gem, an exceptional standalone overwater Yakitori Restaurant and Bar, featuring an incredible sea saltwater infinity pool, breathtaking sunset panoramas, caressed by the gentle sea breeze, and offering authentic Japanese cuisine with Maldivian twist. Madi Hiyaa is the best location for “lucky stingray spotting”, too.
- Beach Activities: Guests can engage in exciting beach activities, including a Football Match, Beach Tennis, and Beach Volleyball, as Guests vs Associates compete in the spirit of camaraderie.
- Watersports and Adventures: Thrill-seekers can indulge in a wide range of watersports, including Catamaran Sunrise, Sunset Cruise, Jet Ski, Parasailing and Big Game Fishing to satisfy their adventurous spirit.
- Maldivian Cultural Experience: Guests can immerse themselves in Maldivian culture and enjoy a Photoshoot in a traditional costume, capturing the essence of the Maldives in a memorable keepsake.
Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru and Dhawa Ihuru are dedicated to making the festive season truly magical. View the full Festive Brochure 2023 – 2024 and be inspired to join for a celebration filled with joy, adventure, wellbeing, and meaningful experiences.
Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru is a luxury barefoot tropical paradise at the heart of North Male’ Atoll, 25-minute away from Velana International Airport via speedboat. With 48 pool villas dotting around the island, privacy and relaxation can easily be attained. Stay at least 3 nights and save up to 20% off the best available rate, which includes daily breakfast and dinner for two guests, plus one-time sunset cruise. Find out more via Stay More Pay Less | Banyan Tree.
Situated approximately two-minute away via speedboat from Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru lies Dhawa Ihuru, a distinct island retreat of its own with 45 villas, and dubbed as “one of the best house reefs” and “diver’s paradise” in the Maldives. Take advantage of 20% off the best available rate, while maximum 2 kids below 11 years old enjoy complimentary “stay and dine” with parents. Discover more via Sharing Time | Dhawa Ihuru.
Baros Maldives: The Perfect Setting for a Joyful Easter in the Maldives
Baros is a treasure nestled in the Indian Ocean, just waiting to be discovered. This Easter, uncover the myriad of delights on offer for guests celebrating the holiday on our pristine island shores.
From sunrise dolphin cruises to underwater marvels, serene spa journeys and delicious culinary sensations, every moment on Baros is a magical surprise. From 29th March to 4th April 2024, the Baros team has curated a special program of Easter celebration. Choose from a wide range of specially crafted experiences and curate your very own Easter escape of a lifetime.
Baros delights the senses. There is something for everyone to enjoy, from snorkelling, diving and exciting excursions to unparalleled destination dining experiences and sensational spa moments.
Guests are invited to harvest fresh and exotic ingredients from Baros’s Chef’s Garden for a unique meal preparation under the expert guidance of our award-winning chefs. Alternatively, they can immerse themselves in the allure of a specially curated menu, set by the seashore under a tapestry of stars. Every dish is a culinary masterpiece, creating unforgettable moments.
For adventure on the high seas, guests can spend the day exploring five traditional fishing methods across multiple stunning locations on a fishing extravaganza. Or set sail on Baros’s luxury yacht, Serenity for a sunrise frolic with playful dolphins.
At Baros, guests are welcomed to immerse themselves in the vibrant tapestry of Maldivian culture as local traditions come alive. Delve into the rich history and customs of our island sanctuary as you tantalise your senses with local delicacies, participate in interactive experiences and listen to captivating narratives from a local historian.
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands Welcomes New Executive Chef Leonardo Valls
The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands is thrilled to welcome its new Executive Chef, Leonardo Valls. Bringing 20+ years of international experience and an eye for gastronomic innovation, Valls is set to elevate the resort’s culinary experiences with his creativity and craftsmanship.
Valls’ journey in the kitchen started in his native Chile, where he joined chef Tomás Olivera in 2003 at The Ritz-Carlton, Santiago, the brand’s first property in South America. During his five years there, Valls helped Olivera and the hotel’s Adra restaurant earn numerous accolades and awards, laying the groundwork for his next adventure.
In 2008, Valls crossed the globe to join another Ritz-Carlton property, the Hotel Arts Barcelona, where he spent more than a decade as part of a highly celebrated team, led by acclaimed chef Paco Pérez. During his tenure, he helped the hotel’s Enoteca restaurant earn its first and second Michelin stars (2010 and 2013) and was named Executive Sous Chef of the hotel’s culinary division in 2016, overseeing operations for five restaurants, a central kitchen, and major international events including the Mobile World Congress.
In early 2020, Valls was set to make another international move, this time as Executive Sous Chef of The Ritz-Carlton, Naples in Florida, but the pandemic led to a change in plans, prompting his return to Santiago. In 2021, opportunity knocked again with the entry of the legendary brand into the Maldives and Valls joined The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands as Executive Sous Chef.
After a year at The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands, Valls found his homeland calling once again. Armed with vast knowledge of the luxury culinary concept, he took his expertise to the AC Hotel by Marriott Santiago Costanera Center where, as Executive Chef, he infused his style with Spanish and other European influences.
Renato De Oliveira, General Manager of The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands comments, “We’re thrilled to have Valls back in the Maldives, this time as our Executive Chef. His appointment is the start of a new chapter in an already illustrious career and an opportunity for guests to experience the world through Valls’ unique culinary perspective.”
Sun Siyam Resorts Boosts PR & Communications Team with Appointment of Erika Magora for Sun Siyam Iru Veli & Sun Siyam Vilu Reef
Sun Siyam Resorts has announced a dynamic addition to its PR and Communications team with the appointment of Erika Magora as Cluster Assistant PR & Communications Manager for Sun Siyam Iru Veli and Sun Siyam Vilu Reef. With an impressive background in law from the UK, coupled with a diverse upbringing in the Philippines and Malaysia, Erika brings a unique blend of skills and experiences to our renowned luxury resorts.
Prior to joining Sun Siyam Resorts, Erika served as the key figure in managing Marketing Communications at the prestigious 5-star luxury resort, The Datai Langkawi in Malaysia. Her collaboration with international media, partners, and agencies has significantly contributed to the resort’s global presence. She has worked with top journalists, production crews and PR partners from the UK, Europe, Australia, America and Asian regions. Erika also has experience in sales and marketing when she played a pivotal role in the Asia Pacific region’s sales and marketing for Foodpanda, a leading delivery brand in Asia.
“I cherish the cultural diversity and distinctions of both properties that I work for. Sun Siyam Iru Veli fascinates me as it revels in its private luxury tranquility, attracting a premium market. In Sun Siyam Vilu Reef, the naturally playful environment and genuine warmth of the people that create an inviting haven for repeater guests, captivate me. Both are beautiful, each in its unique way. Embracing diverse media and markets adds excitement to my work. The pristine beach and sea in both places energize me, fueling my passion for what I do.” expressed, Erika.
Claudia Klingbeil, Group Director of PR & Communications at Sun Siyam Resorts said: “Erika’s appointment underscores our dedication to assembling a team of talented individuals who not only possess exceptional professional capabilities but also embody the diverse cultural tapestry that defines our global clientele. We are confident that Erika’s passion for communication, coupled with her international perspective, will elevate our PR and Communications efforts to new heights of success.”
Insiders1 week ago
Oaga Art Resort Appoints New Island Chief and Resort Manager
News1 week ago
Manta Air Launches Maiden International Flights Linking Dhaalu Atoll, Maldives and Bengaluru, India
Food1 week ago
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives Unveils Mediterraneo by Jeffrey Vella: A Culinary Oasis Redefining Luxury Dining
Featured1 week ago
Alexander Soosai Appointed as Executive Chef for Komandoo Island Resort
Celebration1 week ago
Sun Siyam Vilu Reef Celebrates Eid with Enchanting Festivities
Entertainment1 week ago
Sun Siyam Olhuveli Hosts Electrifying Valentine’s Event, Paradise Pulse
Awards7 days ago
Angsana Velavaru nominated in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards and Travel + Leisure Luxury Awards Asia Pacific
Entertainment7 days ago
Nicole Scherzinger and Thom Evans Indulge in Romantic Valentine’s Day Getaway at Seaside Finolhu Maldives