Recipe from Sheraton Maldives
Tuna and Avocado Salad With Sesame Dressing
Editor’s note: Today we are adding a new section to Maldives Travel Lifestyle Experience as ‘From the Chef’ with recipes from all over Maldives. As a starter we hope you like Tuna and Avocado Salad brought to you by Sven Cepon, Executive Chef of Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa. Born in Oberhausen of Germany, Sven began his career at home and served with a number of five star hotels in Cyprus and Switzerland for over five years before moving to the Maldives in 2008 as executive Sous Chef for the W Retreat and Spa Maldives. After having served W Maldives for nearly two years, Sven joined Sheraton Maldives in 2010.
600g sashimi grade Tuna, cut into small cubes
2 Avocado, seed removed, cut into 2cm pieces
4 tablespoon Bubu Arare (small Japanese rice crackers)
4 teaspn Sesame Seeds
30g fresh Salmon Roe
2 Long Red Chillies
10ml Chilli Oil
100g Japanese Sesame Seaweed Mix (Goma Wakame)
80ml Vegetable Oil
4 tblspn finely grated White Onion
4 teaspn Sesame Oil
4 teaspn White Sugar
1 teaspn finely chopped Garlic
1. For sesame dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Slice the chilli very thinly (julienne) and then deep fry at 160C until crispy. Drain on absorbent paper and season with salt.
3. Place the tuna and avocado in a mixing bowl and drizzle with dressing. Add the bubu arare (crushed by hand) and sesame seeds and mix gently.
4. Place the seaweed mixture in the bottom of four serving bowls and top with the tuna mixture.
5. Place a teaspoon of the salmon roe on top of the tuna mixture and then garnish with a little crispy chilli and a few drops of the chilli oil drizzled around the salad.
Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa, a tropical paradise located on its own island. It is a magnet for those seeking stunning white sandy beaches and warm turquoise lagoons. You will feel you belong there from the moment you step into this warm, tropical oasis. Find a haven of pure relaxation or pursue your outdoor passions; the choices are endless.
Part of Sheraton Maldives appeal is the varied dining options available to their guests. From casual al fresco snacks to international array of restaurants, you will find the perfect dining experience to suit your mood. Why not also consider private dining with that special someone under a starlit sky, with soft sand beneath your feet, beside the shimmering lagoon?