Maldivian digital media pro Shafraz to speak at world’s premier travel blogger event
Renowned Maldivian digital media professional Mohamed Shafraz Hafiz has been announced as a speaker at one of the premier travel blogger events in the world.
Shafraz, who currently serves as the Deputy Director of Digital Marketing and Social Media for Kandima Maldives, will join 12 other highly skilled professionals at TBEX Europe 2020, to be held from March 10-13, 2020 in Catania, Sicily, Italy.
He will share the stage with Paul Johnson, Editor of ‘A Luxury Travel Blog‘, the world’s premier blog that targets luxury travel. The duo will talk about how to pitch to luxury hotel brands.
One of the most highly experienced and innovative digital media professionals in the Maldives, Shafraz had previously served as a consultant for Maldives Marketing and Public Relations Corporation (MMPRC), the country’s official tourism promotion body.
He also describes himself as a destination promoter, new media explorer, author, social media nut and a proud father.
As a tourism promoter, Shafraz says he follows three key principles: integrating and converging different to optimize for the best result; making use of social media platforms as an honest marketing and sales tool; and always being on the lookout for new technology that seems to be changing daily whilst always being open to thinking out of the box.
The first round of speakers at TBEX Europe 2020 is a collection of 12 highly skilled professionals who will provide travel media – including tourism brands, content creators, influencers and vloggers – with constructive information, tools, and innovative strategies for success in the current travel and tourism space.
In addition to Shafraz and Johnson, the conference will feature:
- Eulanda and Omo Osagiede: co-founders of Hey! Dip Your Toes In, an award-winning blog which promotes creative digital content with a focus on global travel and food culture.
- Catharina Fischer: one of the leading experts in influencer marketing and a digital leader with over 10 years of experience in tourism.
- Lou Mongello: host of WDW Radio, an award-winning podcast (once ranked #2 overall on iTunes and named Best Travel Podcast for nine consecutive years) about the Disney Parks and movies, Marvel, and Star Wars.
- TJ Lee: host of the Cutest Travel & Food Show on Youtube with more than 300K subscribers and 1.6 million monthly views.
- Anton Diaz: founder of Our Awesome Planet, the number #1 food and travel media in the Philippines with millions of followers and readers.
- Fiona Anderson: a PR professional with over 20 years of experience, spanning corporate, lifestyle and travel spheres.
- Chris “Mercer” Mercer: co-founder of MeasurementMarketing.io.
- Zoe Cairns: highly respected and proficient international social media speaker, trainer and consultant.
- Arlo Hemphill: Senior Oceans Campaigner with Greenpeace.
TBEX’s 22nd travel bloggers conference in Catania, Sicily will also provide a wealth of information for industry travel and tourism providers on how to develop an effective online presence and work effectively with content creators.