Coco Bodu Hithi to host exclusive chef residency with Rüya Dubai’s Colin Clague
Coco Collection has partnered with Colin Clague, the award-winning Executive Chef of Rüya Dubai, on a very special chef residency to bring Turkish cuisine to the shores of Coco Bodu Hithi.
Chef Colin will be creating two fantastic dinners for guests at the resort’s overwater seafood restaurant, Aqua, on August 11 and 15 as well as a special masterclass on August 13.
With six restaurants and bars, Coco Bodu Hithi offers a variety of exquisite cuisines, taking inspiration from the Maldives and further afield. Colin’s exclusive six-course tasting menus will reflect his creations at Rüya Dubai, showcasing Anatolian flavours with a local twist.
August 11 – menu:
- Amuse-bouche: Borek (Filo-wrapped feta cheese with carrots, zucchini, and walnuts)
- Pre-starter: Levrek (Seabass sashimi with mustard, apple, and shaved radish)
- Starter: Yer elmasi corbasi (Jerusalem artichoke soup with smoked eggplant purée
- Seafood: Grilled Tiger Prawn (Pickled fennel butter)
- Main: 300-Day Grain Fed Beef (Turkish coffee & isot rub and crispy za’atar potatoes)
- Dessert: Firin Sutlaç (Traditional Anatolian rice pudding with raspberries, rose ice cream, and lokum)
August 15 – menu:
- Amuse-bouche: Isli patlican (Smoked eggplant purée with walnuts, crispy coated eggplant crisps)
- Pre-starter: Tuna (Raw tuna, antep pistachio purée, puffed Turkish chilli rice)
- Starter: Lamb Manti (Tomato, roast garlic, yoghurt, and thyme)
- Seafood: Zeytinyagli ahtapot (Marinated grilled octopus, black eyed beans, and apple vinaigrette)
- Main: 24-Hour Slow Cooked Short Rib (Turkish chilli BBQ glaze, spiced konya chickpea purée)
- Dessert: Orange & Almond Revani (Orange and almond cake with orange caramel, and fennel ice cream)
Chef Colin got his first exposure to the disciplines and rigorous of the professional kitchen in London, all the while travelling extensively throughout Europe and the Middle East. Some of his notable achievements include being on the pre-opening team of the prestigious Burj Al Arab in Dubai, and Executive Chef of award-winning Japanese izakaya restaurant, Zuma, in both London and Dubai.
Chef Colin was also in charge of the pre-opening and opening of Michelin-starred restaurant Pollen by Chef Jason Atherton, before moving to Q’bara, where Chef Colin won several awards from “Chef of the Year” to “Chef’s Chef” by Pro Chef Middle East and What’s On magazines.
In 2016, Chef Colin joined Rüya Dubai, a new Anatolian restaurant with the aim of elevating Turkish cuisine to a global level. In 2018, Rüya expanded to open its sister restaurant in London.
“I first moved to the Middle East to open the prestigious Burj al Arab hotel, then later in 2007 to open Zuma Dubai, and never left! After Zuma, one of the restaurants I opened was the award-winning Q’bara restaurant, a modern Levant restaurant, serving modern interpretations of Middle East classics. Through Q’bara I met my future business partners, Rasim and Umut Ozkanka, who said that this is exactly what they wanted to do with Turkish food, and that’s why we created Rüya. Our aim is to put Turkish food right up there with the other great food cultures of the world,” Chef Colin said, about his inspiration.
Through the years, Chef Colin’s dedication and passion saw him acquire extensive industry experience that spans the globe.
Chef Colin’s upcoming residency at Coco Bodu Hithi promises to showcase best quality ingredients to create sublime flavours executed with simplicity and finesse.
Coco Bodu Hithi, the flagship property in Coco Collection’s portfolio, is a chic retreat where you reconnect with yourself, your loved ones and the wonder of the natural world. Translating island life into contemporary sophistication, the resort, which is accessible by a 40-minute speedboat ride from the main Velana International Airport, offers 100 villas that are surrounded by the calm view of the lagoon and the soothing sound of the waves.
With seven restaurants and bars, Coco Bodu Hithi celebrates and offers a variety of exquisite cuisines, taking inspiration from the Maldives and further afield.
An award-winning wellness zone on stilts over the clear water, Coco Spa is a sanctuary for the soul. Mindful of the healing properties of nature and the ocean, the spa is designed to retreat for an escape, whether a massage in one of the eight treatment rooms or yoga on the pavilion overlooking the ocean and beach. With a range of products from the Paris label Thémaé combining the healing properties of tea, therapists at Coco Spa are trained in techniques to treat the mind, body and soul. An overwater gym within the zone inspires guests to keep up with their regime of active well ness when away on a holiday.
To book your exclusive dinner by Chef Colin, please contact email@example.com