SATA begins evaluation of North India nominees
Evaluation of nominees from North India for South Asian Travel Awards (SATA) 2017 has begun on Monday.
Udman Hotels and Resorts by Ferns N Petals, which has been appointed as the Hospitality Partner for North India, is currently hosting presentations by nominees from the northern part of India.
After the ongoing evaluation in Indian capital New Delhi conclude on Tuesday, nominees from Nepal and Bhutan will give their presentations from Wednesday to Thursday at Hotel Mulberry in Nepalese capital Kathmandu, which has been appointed as the Hospitality Partner for Nepal.
More than 414 nominations from the Maldives, India, Sri Lanka, Bhutan and Nepal have been received for the 39 categories included in this year’s edition of SATA. Online voting is ongoing, and will complement the judging by a panel of experts.
The grand gala of SATA 2017 will be held in the southernmost Maldivian atoll of Addu from October 27-28.
- Platinum Partner: Ooredoo Maldives
- Gold Partner: Hawks Private Limited
- Silver Partner: Male Aerated Water Company and Asia Forwarding
- Official Host: Equator Village
- Hospitality Partner for Maldives: Champa Central Hotel
- Hospitality Partner for South India: The Chancery Pavilion
- Hospitality Partner for North India: Udman Hotels and Resorts by Ferns N Petals
- Hospitality Partner for Sri Lanka: Ramada Hotel
- Hospitality Partner for Nepal: Hotel Mulberry
- Travel Media Partner: Maldives Insider and The Islandchief
- Online Media Partner: Sun Online
- TV Partner: Maldives TV
- Travel Partner: MVHotels
- Videography Partner: Visual Beams from NERN Private Limited
- Photography Partner: Digital Studio
- Auditing Partner: Crowe Horwath Maldives
Launched last year by Maldives-based event management company Highrise, SATA has been endorsed by regional tourism authorities and organisations, including the Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry in Sri Lanka (FCCISL), Colombo Chamber of Commerce (CCC), Maldives Marketing and Public Relations Corporation (MMPRC), Maldives Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators (MATATO), Confederation of Associated Tour Operators (India), Association of Travel Agents (ATA) Maldives, Association of Travel and Tour Operators India (ATTOI), Association of Professionals in Tourism (APT, India), Kerala Hotel General Managers Club (KHGMC), Nepal Tourism Board (NTB) and Liveaboard Association of Maldives (LAM).
SATA is the first ever regional travel awards endorsed by multi national associations, providing the tourism sector of the South Asian region with recognition towards their facilities and service excellence. It aims to encourage and raise service standards in the region’s tourism industry.
The awards’ first edition, which wrapped up with a gala ceremony at the iconic Mount Lavinia Hotel in Sri Lanka, saw an overwhelming support with more than 260 nominations. Major travel media organisations, including Maldives Insider, Asian Traveller, Asian Geographic, Asian Diver and Floating Asia were appointed as media partners of SATA 2016.