Maldives first HR professionals’ association inaugurated
Maldives Association of HR Professionals (MAHRP) held its inaugural meeting on Saturday, electing the newly formed organisation’s first executive committee.
At the inaugural meeting held at Salt Cafe in capital Male, Hussain Afeef, the Regional Director of Training, Development and Quality Assurance at LUX* Resorts and Hotels, was appointed the president. Ahmed Ibrahim, Head of HR Business Partner at Bank of Maldives, and Fathimah Mohamed, Head of HR and International Relations at the Civil Service Commission, were appointed vice president.
Other members elected to the committee include:
- Executive Secretary: Ali Adam, Head of HR at Universal Resorts
- Secretary: Nizna Nizar, HR Manager at ADK Company Pvt Ltd
- Treasurer: Mohamed Siraj, Assistant HR Manager at Universal Resorts
- Committee Member: Hussain Shuaz, Training Lead at Bank of Maldives
- Committee Member: Hussain Faruhad, Resourcing Manager at Bank of Maldives
- Committee Member: Aminath Shaly, Cluster HR Director at S Hotels and Resorts (Maldives) Pvt Ltd
- Committee Member: Mohamed Athif, Director of Human Resources at Kandima Maldives
- Committee Member: Mohamed Shahid, Director of Talent and Culture at Fairmont Sirru Fenfushi
Civil Service Commission President Dr Ali Shameem, who attended the inaugural meeting as the chief guest, told the 34 members in attendance that a unified effort is needed in order to nurture human resource development in the Maldives, and strengthen employer and employee experience.
MAHRP is the first professional association registered in the Maldives, dedicated to human resources and people development.
The association’s mission is to serve the needs of HR professionals by providing the most current and comprehensive resources, and to advance the profession by promoting HR’s essential values, setting professional standards and providing the know-how. It is committed to linking and connecting HR professionals and practitioners locally and oversees through signature events and membership activities.