Recipe from Taj Exotica Maldives: Lobster Medallion
Maldives.net.mv – Our latest recipe is brought to you by Chef Malay who is currently working as Chef Incharge of the Deep End & Infinity Poolside Restaurants at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives. He hails from Banda Dist. of the Northen-Central frontier of Indian peninsula. After beginning his career at The Leela, Goa-India in 2006, and he started his International journey in 2008 with The Grand Marriott Resort, Point Clear-AL-USA. Then he moved to One&Only Royal Mirage, Dubai, UAE where he worked with the CELEBRITIES, an European Fine Dining restaurant.
Deep End is a fine dining restaurant drawing its inspirations from Up-Scale Grill, Europian & Mediterrian food with top quality ingredients sourced from around the world with a preference for organic, free trade certification and free-range products.
Passion towards the Perfection is the key of success.
Chef Malay’s other interests include playing and watching cricket and traveling to explore different places which gives him chance to understand different food cultures.
- 1 small to medium lobster
- 50g Arborio rice
- 50g butter
- 5g grain mustard
- 50g asparagus
- 50g zucchini
- 50g carrot
- 50g red pepper
- 1 lemon
- 50g peeled tomato (crushed)
- 10g dill leaves
- 10g parsley
- 5g salt
- 5g thyme
- 50g Parmesan cheese
Method Poached Lobster
- Remove the head of lobster and remove meat from the shell.
- Wrap it tightly in cling film and poach it in boiling water for 5 minutes. After that remove it from cling film.
- Melt butter in a pan with some water, thyme and dill chop.
- Poach lobster again for 3 minutes in low heat.
- Cut into slices.
- Cook Arborio rice with some water till al-dante.
- Add some asparagus and Parmesan cheese. Also add chopped asparagus by keep the tip aside for garnishing.
- Finish it with some butter and chopped parsley.
- Cook asparagus tip in the same butter emulsion as lobster.
- Slice zucchini, carrot and the peppers. After that marinate it with some salt, pepper, thyme and oil.
- Grill it nicely and toss it with crushed peeled tomato and Parmesan.
- Finish it with lemon juice, grain mustard and salt.
Finishing and Presentation
- Now assemble the plate with fried lobster shell.
- Put some mash potato as base to shell and on the top of the shell for lobster medallions.
- Mold the risotto and put asparagus tip.
- Use truffle slice or caviar for garnish.
- Mold tian vegetables also.
- Garnish lobster with a edible flower and dill leaves.