Paradise playgrounds for fun-loving families at Four Seasons Resorts Maldives
Maldives Promotion House – Embark on the ultimate family adventure with Four Seasons Resorts Maldives. Double the sense of discovery with two diverse paradise playgrounds, seamlessly linked by a thrilling seaplane ride* or, for those blessed with more time, a three- or four-night cruise aboard Four Seasons Explorer (suitable for children aged eight and above). At Four Seasons Resorts Maldives, exhilarating water sports, dolphin cruises, snorkel trips, sunset fishing, private island escapes, family diving, children’s menus, complimentary meals for under sixes, babysitting and one-to-one day-care are just the start of the family-friendly offerings.
Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa
Discover endless family activities and a sociable environment atFour Seasons Resort Kuda Huraa – a colourful “village” where everything is close at hand, just 25 minutes boat ride from Male airport.
- Kuda Huraa’s Tropicsurf Surf School offers fun year-round lagoon courses for guests aged six and above. Older or experienced family members can progress onto advanced courses and surf clinics or let loose on six quality breaks within a stone’s throw.
- Just a minute’s sail across the lagoon, The Island Spa’s Kuda (“Little”) Spa Menu is an innovative selection of island-inspired treatments for young bodies and minds. From blending their own massage oil to activating “magic” self‐heating lava shells, the insightful menu engages children as young as three with interactive sessions and all-natural products.
- The Kuda Mas Kids Club (“Little Fish” in Dhivehi) immerses children aged four to twelve in a wide range of activities and crafts including beach games, crab races, junior yoga and spa sessions, snorkelling, treasure hunts, cooking classes and excursions with the marine biologist to view the Reefscapers coral transplant project.
- Elsewhere at Kuda Huraa, families can share the adrenalin-rush of a Shark Snorkel Safari (suitable for swimmers aged eight and above). Sail into the sunset on a private fishing cruise and have the Resort chefs prepare their catch for dinner, visit the turtle pools at the Marine Discovery Centre to learn all about the Resort’s youngest residents, or be “marooned” on their own desert island on a Robinson Crusoe Adventure.
- Kuda Huraa’s Family Beach Bungalows with Pool each have an adjoining study room with a single bed with pull-out under-bed, desk, wardrobe and TV. With direct access to the dressing area and bathroom, they are ideal for families with younger children.
Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru
Four Seasons Resort Landaa Giraavaru is a natural wonderland that transports families by seaplane to the remote wilderness of the Baa Atoll UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve.
- The Kuda Velaa Kids Club (“Little Turtle” in Dhivehi) has its own pool and garden with play equipment and wooden pirate adventure ship. It also runs the Passport to Adventure program, which offers children aged four to twelve up to eight daily activities alongside a “Passport” of puzzles and challenges. From coral reef building to wishing tree walks, snorkel adventures to dosha discovery, yogaflex to lizard safaris, kids can complete challenges to earn stamps in their Republic of Landaa Giraavaru Passport: seven or more stamps earns a toy; collecting all fourteen earns ice-cream sundaes at Blu.
- Landaa Giraavaru’s Marine Discovery Centre is an interactive exhibition centre that incorporates a fish lab and children’s area with touch tank. Families can join Build-a-Reef sessions with the marine biologists and sponsor their own coral frame. They can also learn about fish-breeding, become manta ray researchers for the day (seasonal), and embark on incredible Manta On Call and manta ray snorkels (June-October) to several renowned manta ray hotspots just a short boat ride away.
- The Spa and Ayurvedic Retreat’s Reconnection Rituals offer each family member the opportunity to reconnect with their inner bliss, both individually and as a unit. With separate rituals for children, teenagers and adults from The Kuda Vela Ritual – a series of yoga postures, body painting, bathing and song – to the 150-minuteAailaa Ritual, a magical journey of relaxation and bonding for up to four family members.
- Families will also love exploring the island by bicycle as well as venturing further afield for dolphin cruises, sunset fishing,sandbank picnics, private island escapes and private yacht tripsonboard the luxurious Landaa Summer II. In addition, excursions to islands such as Kudarikilu and Dharavandhoo – the original capital of the Baa Atoll – offer a glimpse into the cultural heart of the Maldives, including ancient mosques and handicraft stores selling artifacts crafted using centuries-old techniques.
- The Resort also has its own Teen Centre, a cool retreat to hangout with new friends, shoot some pool, chill with movies, catch up on Facebook or play Wii.
- Landaa’s family accommodations offer the perfect beachside retreat: Two-Bedroom Family Beach Bungalows with Pool come with lots of beachfront and fresh seaside-chic interiors, including an additional twin-bedded room linked by a short corridor to the master bedroom. A separate bathroom and outdoor shower make them especially suitable for families with older children and teenagers. The spacious Family Beach Villas with Pool feature an attached study room with a single bed with pull-out underbed, a desk, wardrobe, TV and adjacent shower room – ideal for families with younger children.
Both Resorts also offer the full spectrum of PADI dive courses for guests as young as eight. The Bubblemaker (age eight plus) is an hour-long lagoon-based taster session that enables kids to take their first underwater breaths. The PADI Seal Team (age eight plus) involves the completion of five AquaMissions over two to three days, also in the lagoon. Further AquaMissions are then available and, from age ten, kids can do their PADI Open Water qualification. A special dispensation from PADI enables Four Seasons Resorts Maldives to teach children in the lagoon as opposed to a swimming pool; very few resorts worldwide offer this option.