With exciting prizes, Vacations Expo 2017 set to begin on Thursday
Second edition of Vacations Expo is all set to begin Thursday with 26 different lucky draws featuring exciting prizes.
The annual expo, organised by leading local event management company Highrise, will be held till the end of Saturday at the National Art Gallery in capital Male. The entrance free expo will be open for public from 2.30-6pm and from 8-11pm on Thursday and Saturday, and from 4-6pm and from 8-11pm on Friday.
Twenty-six exhibitors have confirmed their participation at the expo, including major travel industry stakeholders, local and international airlines, local tour operators, guesthouses and regional destinations. Sri Lanka’s leading multi-speciality hospitals, including Lanka Hospital and Durdans Hospital — popular amongst thousands of Maldivians that travel to the neighbouring country for medial treatment — will also showcase their products.
Every exhibitor has offered exciting prizes for the ‘visit and win’ lucky draws, including:
- Flyme: four return air tickets
- Kraken Adventours: fishing trip for six persons in Haa Dhaal atoll
- Plumeria guesthouse (Vaavu atoll Thinadhoo): two nights stay for a couple
- Pebbles Inn (Addu): two nights stay for a couple
- Kaani Hotels: two nights stay for a couple at Kaani Beach Hotel in Kaafu atoll Maafushi
- MV Hotels: two nights stay for a couple in a resort
- Bangkok Airways: two return air tickets to Bangkok
- Voyages Maldives: return air ticket to Abu Dhabi on Etihad Airways and return air ticket to Istanbul on Turkish Airlines
- Ace Aviation Services Maldives: two return air tickets to Colombo on SriLankan Airlines
- Atoll Scuba (Alif Alif atoll Bodufulhudhoo): open water scuba diving course
- Musafireen: full umrah package
- Inner Maldives Holidays: return air ticket to Colombo on SriLankan Airlines and return air ticket to Dubai on Fly Dubai
- Reveries Diving Villa, Surf and Spa (Laamu atoll): two nights stay for a couple
- Canopus Maldives: two nights stay for a couple at Canopus Retreat in Kaafu atoll Thulusdhoo
- Le Vieux Nice Inn (Hulhumale): two nights stay for a couple and dinner for two (three packages)
- Amana Takaful Maldives: one-year travel insurance for a daily winner
- Vinorva Maldives (Hulhumale): two nights stay for a couple
- Maldivian: three return air tickets
- Coconut Tree Hulhuvilla Beach (Hulhumale): two nights stay for a couple
For the second year running, the Vacations Expo is sponsored by Inner Maldives Holidays, with MV Hotels serving as the Associate Partner. Unima Grand has signed up as the Hospitality Partner, Amana Takaful Maldives as the Travel Insurance Partner, Ooredoo Maldives as the Telecom Partner, M7 Maldives as the Printing Partner, and Absolute Security and Advance Protection Private Limited as the Security Partner.
Maldives Insider and The Island Chief have been assigned travel media partners, while local daily Mihaaru signed up as the news media partner and state broadcaster Public Service Media’s (PSM) Television Maldives (TVM) as the official TV partner.
Meanwhile, state tourism promotion company Maldives Marketing and Public Relations Corporation (MMPRC) and Maldives Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators (MATATO) have given their endorsement. Tourism Authority of Thailand will also participate in the expo.
The annual travel trade show brings together leading travel companies, hoteliers, airlines, tour operators, travel agents, online travel companies, liveaboards, cruises, dive operators and other travel marketers under one roof. Exhibitors can display various attractive travel packages and services.
The expo’s organiser Highrise has successfully delivered several local and international events, including Maldives Travel Awards, Maldives Film Awards, Maldives Living Expo and Sounds of Maldives.