Maldives.net.mv – Surrounded by outstanding coral reefs that have barely been visited by humans, the five star Ayada Maldives resort is a paradise for snorkelers and divers alike. So good in fact, that Suunto, the famed Finnish manufacturer of sports watches and diving computers, has chosen the area to shoot its annual advertising campaign in January. To celebrate this natural wealth of underwater beauty on the luxury resort’s doorstep, Ayada Maldives has launched a diving package valid until April 2015 priced at US$5,999 for one person and a competition to win a week’s holiday during the Suunto photoshoot.
“Ayada Maldives is in Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll in the south of the country, which, because of its outstanding coral reefs, is gaining a reputation as one of the best areas of the country to go diving and snorkeling,” said general manager Zafer Agacan. “You don’t have to go far to find untouched reefs teeming with fish and other wildlife that may never have seen a human before. Even our house reef [the coral reef that surrounds the resort] is a pleasure to dive and snorkel”.
The six-night package at Ayada Maldives includes six dives, accommodation in a 103-square metre beach villa with private pool and butler service; daily breakfast and dinner; and return transfers to/from Ayada Maldives including a personal meet and greet service and use of the private lounge. The same package including ten dives is US$6,399 for six nights and an additional guest staying with the diver pays only US$385 for their holiday (dives not included).
As part of its campaign, Suunto is offering divers around the world the chance to win an all-expenses paid VIP trip to Ayada Maldives. Three divers will have the chance to join the Suunto team at Ayada Maldives in January 2015 where they can try out new Suunto equipment and dive unexplored reefs.
To win the free one-week diving trip, divers have share their most memorable diving moment on social media channels or fill out the online form on Suunto.com. It could be an inspiring image or video that captures a memorable encounter or it could be an underwater selfie exploring a secluded reef, just so long as it captures the joy of diving. There are three ways to participate:
- Post and tag an image or video #SuuntoDive and #Paradise on Instagram or Twitter
- Upload an image or video link as a comment on the official #SuuntoDive #Paradise Facebook post
- Complete the form on the Suunto website and hit submit.
The contest opens on November 19th and closes on December 8th. The three winners will be announced mid-December on Suunto.com. The trip to the Maldives is scheduled for January 10th-17th, 2015. The full terms & conditions can be read here.
Winners of the trip will also have the opportunity to test the latest Suunto dive computers, such as the Suunto EON Steel and other outdoor products. With the Suunto team on hand, they will receive an expert demonstration on how to use all products and be able to talk to the people who made them.
AYADA Dive Package:
Valid for stays from 1 January until 30 April 2015
- Six nights’ accommodation in a Beach Villa.
- Half board (breakfast and dinner) buffet at Magu restaurant.
- Meet and greet service at Male International Airport.
- Private Lounge at Male domestic terminal.
- Round trip domestic flight with Maldivian Airlines: Male – Kaadhedhoo – Male.
- Speedboat transfer to resort: Kaadhedhoo – Ayada – Kaadhedhoo.
Package Price for 1 Person:
Package A: USD 5,999 including 6 dives
Package B: USD 6,399 including 10 dives
Ken’s job is just Beach… now yours could be too!
Luxury resort group, Coco Collection, is hiring for the role of Beach.
The successful applicant will spend 10 nights on the picturesque shores of the island of Coco Bodu Hithi, with minimal responsibilities and a whole host of employment benefits available to them.
From Barbie’s Malibu Beach to Beach in the Maldives. Coco Collection – the luxury resort group– has announced they are hiring for the role of Beach, to give one lucky fan who has had Kenough of the Real World the chance to spend 10 nights living Ken’s job of the last 60 years. The first role of its kind outside Barbie Land is now available to apply for via www.cococollection.com/en/coco/hes_just_ken
The successful candidate will be flown out to the breathtaking Coco Bodu Hithi resort, where they will take up the role of Beach for 10 days out from reality, while the Real World Kentinues on without them. Located in North Malé Atoll, Coco Bodu Hithi offers picture perfect white sandy beaches, not to be Kenfused with your average coastline. With the island boasting beautiful shorelines the entire way around, the winner can quite literally Beach on whatever side of the beach they want to Beach on.
Like all job applications, prospective candidates must meet the below criteria:
- Ability to stand proudly in the sand
- Spend endless hours staring out over the Indian Ocean
- Keep track of the morning waves
- Empty their head of all thoughts
- Have their rollerblades with them at all times (though good luck using them on the sandy beaches of the island…)
- Be comfortable performing a moody solo musical number and/or group dance sequence
- Proficient at guitar
- Know the words to “Push” by Matchbox Twenty by heart
- Have at least two pairs of sunglasses at all times
- Hold and lean on a surfboard
- Have 60 years experience as Beach (preferred but not essential)
The role excludes:
- Any Real World stress or actual work
- Lifeguard responsibilities
- Surfing dangerous waves
- Any of the sort of spirituality that comes with surfing
- Horses… or the patriarchy
- Medical training
- Beach-offs (strictly due to health & safety reasons)
- Your own Dream Beach House – or shall we say Mojo Dojo Casa House – located conveniently on a beach
- Guaranteed tan (perfect hair at Beach’s discretion)
- No official uniform but access to a wardrobe of stylish accessories
- No actual responsibilities
- Perfect weather, all the time
- Unlimited time to socialise
- 10 nights stay at Coco Bodu Hithi for Beach plus a partner or Allan of their choosing
- Return economy flights from UK to Malé & resort transfers
- Full board meal plan at a select resort restaurant
- One massage each at the Coco Spa (as Beach is tiring work)
Coco Collection’s Director of Marketing, Shafa Shabeer says “Beach is one of the most important jobs in the Maldives and at Coco Bodu Hithi, we have a lot of Beach. We look forward to seeing the Kenergy that entrants bring to their applications, and can’t wait to welcome the successful Beach candidate to Coco Bodu Hithi!” Applicants do not need to have previous experience, but they must be a registered UK resident over the age of 18 years, and have serious Kenergy, whether they are a Barbie, Ken or Allan. Prospective Beach goers will need to submit 150 words explaining why they are Kenough for the role. Applications are open now on www.cococollection.com/en/coco/hes_just_ken and will close at 4pm (MVT) on 31st August 2023. Coco Collection will select the winner by 30th September 2023.
Win dream getaway on Hilton Maldives Amingiri Resort’s first anniversary
Since its grand opening in July of last year, Hilton Maldives Amingiri Resort & Spa has established itself as the ultimate luxury destination, offering an enchanting escape in the breathtaking Maldives. With 109 exquisite beach and overwater villas, each featuring a private pool and captivating views of the turquoise lagoon, this resort promises an unforgettable holiday in paradise.
Guests can indulge in a culinary journey with a choice of six restaurants and lounges, savouring delectable seafood, beachside BBQ, refreshing poolside beverages, and enjoying live entertainment and cocktails under the starry night sky.
During the day, explore the vibrant marine life while snorkelling in the private lagoon or unwind and rejuvenate at the resort’s wellness spa. For those seeking inspiration, there’s an art centre, yoga pavilion, and a photo studio to spark creativity and capture cherished moments. If all of this sounds enticing, you’ll be thrilled to know that the resort is hosting an exciting giveaway contest to celebrate its first #AmingiriBirthdayParty.
One lucky winner and their chosen companion will have the incredible opportunity to stay in a luxurious one-bedroom beach pool villa for three nights, complete with breakfast and shared premium speedboat transfers to and from the airport.
To enter the contest:
- Simply follow @hiltonmaldives on Instagram
- Upload a relevant photograph, and caption it with a description of the greatest gift you have ever given
- Don’t forget to tag @hiltonmaldives and include the hashtags #HiltonMaldivesContest and #AmingiriBirthdayParty
The contest submissions will be accepted until June 25, 2023, and the winner will be announced on July 1, 2023, on the property’s social media handle, @HiltonMaldives.
The #AmingiriBirthdayParty promises an array of unforgettable experiences for the lucky winner, including a fabulous pool party, special cocktails at the Sip Tea Lounge, an adventurous treasure hunt around the resort, and a mesmerising gala dinner on the pristine beach. It’s an itinerary filled with moments of joy and celebration. Enter now for a chance to be part of this extraordinary birthday extravaganza!
For complete contest rules and more information, visit the following link. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to create memories that will last a lifetime at Hilton Maldives Amingiri Resort & Spa.
Coco Collection announces competition to win 7-night honeymoon to Maldives
Coco Collection is offering one lucky couple a chance to win their dream honeymoon in the Maldives!
Last year, as the world came to a standstill with grounded flights and border closures, lockdowns and Work-From-Homes, we missed out on something more than just travel. We missed out on sharing our most precious moments together with our loved ones.
As we slowly emerge back to a sense of normality, Coco Collection wants to give back some of those missed moments for when you’re ready to travel again.
For one lucky couple who got married in the last year and didn’t get the chance to go away on their honeymoon, Coco Collection is offering a free stay at Coco Bodu Hithi for 7 nights in a Coco Residence.
This wonderfully romantic stay includes:
- 7 nights in a Coco Residence for 2 people on Full Board
- Return airport transfers via speedboat
- A refreshing welcome cocktail on arrival
- A bottle of Champagne & Tropical Fruit platter
- Special bed decoration
- Your choice of an In-Villa Champagne Breakfast or a Romantic Three-Course Candlelit Dinner
- 15% discount on all treatments at the Coco Spa
To enter, simply fill out the form at http://www.cococollection.com/en/coco/honeymoon_competition by 27th September (competition closes at noon Maldives Time).
Good luck to all the applicants!
Since their launch in 2005, Coco Collection has crafted five-star destinations of different character and won awards for doing so with passionate flair.
Each Coco Collection Resort in the Maldives is a haven for lovers of travel and style. Each celebrates traditional Maldivian architecture and ambiance. But each offers a distinct and extraordinary reality.
As part of the world-renowned, pioneering Sunland Hotels group, Coco Collection benefits from over 30 years’ hospitality expertise. Sunland’s heritage of pushing boundaries and creatively evolving sets their high standards, pushes their creativity and enriches their guests’ experience.
Celebration5 days ago
Embrace Glitz & Glam at SO/ Maldives: The epitome of sophisticated festivities
Celebration1 week ago
Endless Fun in the Winter Sun at Cora Cora Maldives
Love5 days ago
Vakkaru Maldives crowned Leading Luxury Honeymoon Resort 2023
Offers4 days ago
Dusit Thani Maldives introduces exquisite romantic and family all inclusive packages for an unforgettable escape 2023
News1 week ago
Canareef Resort Maldives broadens global reach with new sales representatives in Russia and the UK/Ireland Markets
Celebration1 week ago
Experience the enchantment at Ifuru Island: Let the magic shine this Festive Season!
Food1 week ago
Anantara Kihavah introduces the Maldives’ first ever immersive dining under water at SEA Restaurant
News5 days ago
Amari Raaya Maldives unveils RAAYA: Luxurious private yacht for unforgettable seafaring experiences