MATATO Maldives Travel Awards signs with sponsors and partners
Maldives.net.mv – Maldives Travel Awards has signed with the sponsors and partners for 2016 at a ceremony held at Hotel Jen Male’ on Saturday.
Maldives Travel Awards 2016 is the fifth edition of the awards organised by the Maldives Association Travel Agents and Tour Operators (MATATO) to recognize the best of travel and tourism industry. This year’s event received 243 nominations for over 20 categories. Leading advertising and events management company, Think Associates is the event manager for this year’s event to be held at Bandos Island Resort in November.
Maldives Airports Company signed as the main sponsor of the event. Managing Director of Maldives Airports Company, Adil Moosa said “We are glad to be a partner of this grand event. We are growing with the industry and we will keep supporting the awards for the coming years”.
PSM is the official media and they announced the plan to launch a television channel to promote Maldives. “I’m honored to be a part of this awards. We are going to launch a new television channel to promote Maldives. If our plans go according to the plan it will be launched in late December. This can take destination promotion to a new level” said Shayan Shahid, Deputy Managing Director PSM.
- Main Sponsor: Maldives Airports Company Limited is the Main Sponsor for this year’s edition of the Awards. This is the 5th year running that the nation’s international airport – the gateway for the travel industry – is being part of this prestigious award label.
- Conference Host: Bandos Maldives – being one of the pioneers in the travel industry with years of experience in hosting conferences and meetings – as the Conference Host provides a historical venue for the Industry Conference of Maldives Travel Awards.
- Official Media Partner: Public Service Media is the Official Media Partner for the 5th time since the Awards began in 2012
- Official Hotel Partner: Hotel Jen by Shangril-La is the Official Hotel Partner for the awards and will host the functions to be held in the Capital City.
- International Airline Partner: Etihad Airways, the fastest growing airline in the history of commercial aviation, is the Official Airline Partner of the event.
- Silver Sponsor: Allied Insurance Company of the Maldives Pvt Ltd joins the award label as a prestigious Silver Sponsor.
- Silver Sponsor: Fuel Supplies Maldives also joins as a Silver Sponsor providing an enormous and crucial element in fueling the industry with their years of service.
- Telecommunications Partner: Dhiraagu, the largest telecom operator in the country is the Telecommunications Partner.
- Official Beverage Partner: Coca Cola
- Sound and Lights Partner: PopJoy Pvt Ltd
- Official Band: Equatic Vibe
- Online Media Partner: Mihaaru
- Travel Media Partner: MVHotels
- Associate Partner: Maldives Getaways
- Associate Partner: Maldives.com
- Online Travel Website: Maldives.net.mv
The final output of the results will be provided by the independent audit firm KPMG as the Independent Service Provider. This is the first time in the Maldives that an independent audit firm provides its professional services in such an event.
Maldives Travel Awards is the longest running travel awards label in Maldives, recognized as the most prestigious and exclusive in the industry. This edition celebrates the 5th anniversary for the awards with a record number of nominations. The awarding Gala Ceremony will be held in November and the host venue will be announced in the upcoming months.