MMPRC launches Visit Maldives Year 2016
Maldives.net.mv – MMPRC has officially launched the marketing campaign for ‘Visit Maldives Year 2016’. The campaign was launched by President Yameen Abdul Gayoom at the 27th joint meeting of the UNWTO Commission for the Pacific (CAP), and the UNWTO Commission for South Asia (CSA) which was opened yesterday at Bandos Island Resort & Spa, Maldives. During the ceremony president unveiled the logo and website.
The main objective of this campaign is to reach the goal of increasing tourist arrivals to 1.5 million with a significant increase in tourism receipts. To reach the aim of this campaign, various national and international activities are being planned for this year and next year, much to the delight of those who are fortunate enough to travel to the Maldives. Special entertainment events, educational and awareness programs, competitions and attractive prizes are all being fitted into agenda of the year 2016.
The vision of MMPRC’s marketing campaign “VMY 2016” is to market the destination by strengthening the brand and positioning Maldives as an exclusive tourist destination by showcasing the islands’ diversified tourism product. This will also, foster better solidarity, harmony, and wellbeing for the people of Maldives. The campaign will encourage economic growth and increase job opportunities for locals from across the country in the tourism sector, and promote the ripple effect of tourism to local communities and make the success of the campaign the responsibility of all Maldivians.
Some of the events planned for the year include.
- Tourist Arrival Countdown Show with top celebrity performers.
- 365 Days of Free Holidays – Free holidays offered round the year through various media platforms.
- 100k Tourist Celebration – Surprises waiting for every 100,000th visitor with colourful welcoming and VIP status.
- Free Diving Competition – South Asia’s first free diving championship.
- Mega Wedding – A chance to celebrate your big day in the Maldives.
- International Surf Competition with top surfers
- 100 Islands in 30 Days – Chance to explore Maldives from up and beyond.
- Photo Competition