Maldives named as the ‘World’s Leading Island Destination’ by World Travel Awards
Maldives Promotion House – The Maldives has been awarded as the “World’s Leading Island Destination”, at the World Travel Awards Grand Final 2012 which was held the Oberoi Gurgaon, New Delhi, India
“World Travel Awards exists to recognise, acknowledge and celebrate excellence in travel tourism and hospitality, which is why your company was chosen by fellow professionals across the globe for a World Travel Award” said the Mr.Graham E. Cooke the Chairman and Founder of World Travel Award Grand Final 2012.
The Maldivian High commissioner, Mohamed Naseer accepted the Awards on behalf at the World Travel Awards Grand Final 2012.
The World Travel Awards has become the Oscar equivalent of the global tourism industry since its establishment in 1993. This distinguished endorsement of the Maldivian tourism product by the World Travel Awards further highlight the uniqueness of the Maldives as a destination. Winning such prominent awards indicates the visitor’s love and confidence towards Maldives.
Maldives is to host the awarding ceremony of World Travel Awards Indian Ocean event in 2013.
In addition, some of the Maldives tourism industry players also won important awards in this category;
- World’s Leading Airport Resort – Hulhule Island Hotel
- World’s Leading Luxury Resort – Gili Lankan Fushi
- World’s Leading Resort and Spa – Gili Lankan Fushi
- World’s Leading Watervilla – Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
- World’s Most Romantic Resort – Baros Maldives
- World’s Leading Luxury Boutique Tour Operator – Atoll Paradise Maldives