One&Only Reethi Rah crowned Best Hotel in Asia and Africa at The ULTRAS awards
One&Only Reethi Rah has been crowned the Best Hotel in Asia and Africa at The ULTRAS 2017 awards.
Readers of Ultratravel, The Telegraph’s luxury travel magazine, are invited to reveal their favourite hotels, airlines, destinations and more each year. Results for The ULTRAS 2017 awards were revealed at a reception and ceremony at London’s Savoy hotel on May 22.
One&Only Reethi Rah won the award for the Best Hotel in Asia and Africa, beating Banyan Tree Seychelles, Belmond Mount Nelson and Cape Grace in South Africa’s Cape Town, and Royal Mansour in Morocco’s Marrakech.
Other winners include:
- Best Hotel in Europe: Ritz Carlton, London
- Best Hotel in the Americas: Four Seasons Hotel New York
- Best Hotel in Asia/Australia: Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
- Best Hotel in the Middle East: Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Dubai
- Best Hotel in the World: Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Dubai
- Best Luxury Tour Operator: Kuoni
- Best Large Luxury Cruise Line: Cunard
- Best Small Luxury Cruise Line: Silversea
- Best River Cruise Line: Viking Cruises
- Best Golf Resort in the World: The Gleneagles Hotel, Scotland
- Best Ski Resort in the World: Whistler, Canada
- Favourite Country for a Holiday: United States
- Best North American Airline: American Airlines
- Best European Airline: British Airways
- Best Asian Airline: Singapore Airlines
- Best Middle Eastern Airlines: Emirates
- Best Airline in the World: Emirates
- Best Airport in the World: Changi, Singapore
- Editor’s Award – Best New Hotel: Six Senses Zil Pasyon, Seychelles
- Editor’s Award – Hotel Group of the Year: Alila Hotels and Resorts
- Editor’s Award – Best Airline Innovation: Qatar Airways’ QSuite
The ceremony was attended by senior members of the luxury travel industry all keen to know if they were among those commended by the well-travelled voters in some of the most prestigious and well-regarded awards in the industry. Accompanying them were personalities including television/radio presenter Vernon Kay, Irish singer Ronan Keating and his wife Storm, former English rugby player Mike Tindall and special guest Sarah, the Duchess of York, accompanied by her daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie.
The awards were preceded by the Ultratravel Forum, which saw industry stalwarts deliberate over issues affecting the luxury travel industry.
Located in North Male Atoll, One&Only Reethi Rah is a luxurious tropical getaway overlooking the Indian Ocean that offers an infinity pool, free Wi-Fi and a peaceful private beach. The elegant villas at One&Only Reethi Rah are situated either over the lagoon or by the beach and enjoy beautiful ocean views. Built over the water, Tapasake Restaurant serves modern Japanese cuisine, while the beachside Fanditha Restaurant offers Middle Eastern food and champagne.