W Maldives Recipe: Scallops & Foie Gras
Maldives.net.mv – W Maldives presents signature dish “Scallops & Foie Gras” at over- water FISH restaurant. Danish born, Nikolaj Retpen, Executive Chef at the Retreat unveils his recipes.
- 100g Terrine de Foie Gras
- 2pcs fresh scallops
- 4 baby carrots
- 1 large carrot
- 20g butter
- ½ tsp Mirin
- 500ml water
- Sprouts for decoration
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Devein the Foie Gras, flavor it with salt, white pepper and a half spoon of Mirin.
- Place it in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius.
- Let it cool down and mix it every 10 minutes until the Foie Gras sets. Roll it in cling film in a sausage shape. Place it in the chiller.
- Take the large carrot and peel 3 long slices. Put them aside. Cut the rest into rough pieces. Place the carrot pieces in half litter of water and 10g of butter. Boil the carrots until total evaporation of the water. Then blend to make a puree.
- Remove the scallops muscle. Heat a pan with oil and add the baby carrots and the scallops. Let it cook at high heat and flip sides, add 10g of butter in the pan to color the ingredients.
- Take the Foie Gras and cut into slices.
- Arrange a spoon full of carrot puree on the bottom of a plate, place the scallops and one slice of Foie Gras. Place the baby carrots on top of the scallops; decorate with carrot slices & fresh sprouts.
W Retreat & Spa Maldives is a tropical playground in the Indian Ocean that’s perfect for relaxing, playing, and recharging for your next adventure. Experience one of the 78 Retreats, either on the beachside or overwater which gives you access to endless Indian Ocean views. Abandon the expected and sample creative dining by Executive Chef Nikolaj Retpen in the retreats three dining experiences and two lounge concepts. Step into the spotlight at 15BELOW the Maldives only underground nightclub, and sip on one of the 90 varieties of vodka.