His & hers holiday at Vilu Reef
Maldives Promotion House – Her idea of a perfect holiday is absorbing as much Vitamin-D as possible, immersing into a good book, a smiley man with a tray, the clinking sound of ice in a glass and the smell of coconut oil as it’s soothingly massaged into her back. His idea of a perfect holiday is high-octane thrills to get the adrenalin pumping, venturing off to discover new lands, immersing into the history and culture of a nation and mixing with the locals. Sound familiar?
Men and women often have different holiday tastes. And while it’s hard to please everyone, especially on a break to the Maldives, Vilu Reef Beach & Spa Resort highlight the various activities, excursions and facilities to suit all.
- Get a taste of true Maldivian culture on a local island tour to explore the fishing village, visit the mosque, primary school and meet the locals. Vilu Reef participate in a community involvement project so guests can also donate supplies to the local school children
- Slice the waves on a catamaran or take an exhilarating ride on a wake board, as well as lots of other adrenalin-fuelled activities at the resort’s watersports centre
- Experience the thrills of traditional hand-reel fishing aboard a dhoni boat and savour the sweet taste of success as Vilu Reef’s chef prepares the day’s catch to perfection
- Snorkel the resort’s amazing house reef, or dive deeper into the ocean to reveal hidden treasures and a myriad of colours of the Maldives’ rich underwater life
- Surrounded by shimmering pools of emerald and sapphire water and bathed in swathes of golden sand beaches, this unspoilt island is a beach-lover’s paradise
- There’s an infinity pool with large sun deck overlooking the lagoon and ocean, plus plenty of cheery waiters to bring cocktails, fresh fruit juices or tasty snacks
- A tranquil Sun Spa, hidden away in the lush greenery of the island, offers a huge array of relaxing massages, holistic and Ayurvedic treatments, facials and scrubs to indulge in
Award-winning Vilu Reef Beach & Spa Resort is sprawled across the entire expanse of Meedhuffushi Island in the South Nilandhe Atoll. Reached by a 35-minute seaplane transfer from Malé, the luxury four-star resort is surrounded by lush vegetation, swaying coconut palms and pristine sandy beaches. Facilities include a five-star PADI Dive School, Sun Spa, infinity pool, gym, tennis court, table tennis, volleyball court and a selection of restaurants and bars. The island also boasts a beautiful lagoon one side and a reef the other – ideal for snorkelling and diving.