Partners announced for International Maldives Travel Market 2019
Partners have been announced for the second edition of International Maldives Travel Market (IMTM).
At a ceremony held Maagiri Hotel in capital Male Monday afternoon, Astrabon signed up as the main partner, Villa Hotels as the accommodation partner, HDC as the host partner, Stage Core as the event partner and Public Service Media (PSM) as the main media partner. Other partners include:
- Office Supply Partner: Asters
- Gold Partner: Kaimoo Resorts and Hotels
- Insurance Partner: Dhivehi Insurance Company
- National Airline Partner: Island Aviation Services
- Livaboard Partner: Yasawa Princess
- Digital Media Partner: Dhiraagu
- Beverage Partner: Coca-Cola Maldives
- Food and Beverage Partner: Euro Store
- Merchandiser Partner: Metal Signs
- Travel News Partner: Maldives insider
- Travel Media Partner: MV Hotels
- Travel Tabloid Partner: The Island chief
- Online News Partner: One Online
- Business News Partner: Maldives Business Review
- Airline Partner: Singapore Airlines, Indigo Airlines and Qatar Airways
- Photography Partner: Double Dot
- Printing Partner: Print Lab Creative
- Sustainable Tourism Forum Partner: Aishath Azfa
IMTM is a B2B international travel and trade fair held in the Maldives.
Taking place from June 26-27 at Farukolhufushi in the satellite town of Hulhumale, IMTM 2019 aims to bring together 50 leading international tour operators and travel agencies, representative of 25 countries, to explore new opportunities and liaise with a major representation of the Maldives tourism industry. Additionally, 25 international buyers primarily focused on the guesthouses industry of Maldives will also participate in the second edition of IMTM.
At IMTM, hosted buyers are exhibitors and local accommodation providers come in as trade visitors. This concept ensures a cost-effective platform for trade visitors, as they can meet international buyers interested to sell Maldives.
This year, IMTM is also introducing a new component: a special forum on sustainable tourism, in partnership with Aishtha Azfa, an expert in sustainable development.
With the theme of “Sustainable tourism as a tool for local development,” the forum will provide a platform for dialogue within the Maldivian tourism industry on issues related to sustainability in the Maldivian tourism sector. It will focus on key climatic and anthropogenic issues related to tourist activity, and attempt to seek sustainable solutions based on international best practice, local initiatives, scientific research, technology and innovation.
The aim of this forum is to invite key decision makers of the industry to gain insight into the best practices of sustainable tourism worldwide, and adopt and incorporate those practices in helping Maldives achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).