Niyama Maldives announces year-long wellness programme
Niyama Private Islands Maldives has announced a year-long wellness programme with renowned specialists.
Starting in January, Niyama Private Islands Maldives’ spa will host an assortment of experienced wellness experts over the course of the next year. The resort’s “Masters of Wellness” programme will bring back past guest experts Jade Wood and David Alessi, as well as several new specialists.
- Dr Rui Pedro Loureiro – Specialising in traditional Chinese medicine, Loureiro used acupuncture and contemporary diagnostic techniques to help guests from January 1 to January 15, 2019.
- Paulo Fernandes – Fernandes will split his time at the resort’s Drift Spa into two parts: one from January 15 to February 15, 2019 and another from March 10 to April 30, 2019. With expertise in nutritional microscopy and naturopathy, Fernandes will help guests reach their goals of sustainable health and fitness.
- Jade Wood – Back by popular demand, Wood will return for over a month, from October 15 to November 22, 2019. She will provide one-on-one yin yoga sessions, craniofacial massages, qigong workshops and meditation classes.
- Dr Gopal Govindasamy – An expert in Ayurveda, wellness and nutrition, Govindasamy will be in residence from December 15, 2019 to January 20, 2020. While at Niyama’s Drift Spa, he will leader yogic detoxes and offer healing massages and Chinese acupuncture sessions.
- Dr David Alessi – In collaboration with Beverly Hills IV Therapy, Alessi will offer non-surgical cosmetic treatments and IV therapy formulations from December 20, 2019 to January 2, 2020.
Niyama offers more than a luxury retreat in the Maldives. Going beyond conventional concepts of lavish accommodation, sumptuous cuisines, and lavish services, Niyama presents every visitor with myriad opportunities to create their own exceptional island experience.
With twin islands Play and Chill, Niyama offers you the true luxury of choice, with everything expected from an island resort and so much more.
Chill is true to its name. You can discover new depths of relaxation at the Drift Spa, or take in a movie under the stars at the outdoor cinema. Just off the coast, enjoy a fine dining experience at Edge accessible only by speedboat, while Subsix invites you the world’s finest underwater seafood restaurant and night club.
Play provides delightful diversions for those looking for more active pursuits. On the water, you can kayak around the islands or discover why Niyama is amongst the hottest surfing destinations. Bicyclists can explore the island at their own pace, perhaps lured by the aromas from the chef’s spice gardens.