Soneva Jani named world’s best new resort
Soneva Jani has strengthened its position as the best new resort in the world, with the latest being the top spot in CNN’s list of hot new hotel openings.
Last month, CNN compiled a list of the best new properties to check into in 2017. Soneva Jani secured the first place.
Other properties that made it to the list include:
- Four Seasons Resort The Nam Hai, Hoi An, Vietnam
- Las Alcobas, Napa Valley, California
- The Silo, Cape Town, South Africa
- Six Senses Zil Pasyon, Seychelles, Africa
- Rosewood Luang Prabang, Luang Prabang, Laos
- W Shanghai – The Bund, Shanghai, China
- The St. Regis Dubai, Al Habtoor Polo Resort and Club, Dubai
- Hotel Eden, Rome, Italy
- Assila Hotel, a Rocco Forte Hotel, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Four Seasons at Ten Trinity Square, London, England
- Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, California
- The Fontenay Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
- Raffles Europejski, Warsaw, Poland
- SLS Brickell, Miami
Opened in December, Soneva Jani is Soneva’s newest property and its second resort in the Maldives. Soneva Jani encompasses a collection of 24 overwater villas and one island villa set in a 5.6 kilometre private lagoon located in the northern Noonu atoll. The resort spans five islands surrounded by pure white beaches, covered in rich tropical vegetation, offering the ultimate in privacy and luxury.
Each of the resort’s multilevel water villas has its own private pool and a retractable roof that allows guests to sleep beneath the stars. Many villas also have slides that transport guests directly from the top level into the lagoon below. Other hotel highlights include a spa, an observatory — home to the largest telescope in the Indian Ocean — and an outdoor cinema.
Since its opening, Soneva Jani has created a lot of buzz amongst luxury travellers with its exciting features such as the retractable roofs and the water slides. It has also been named the Best Over-the-Top Luxury hotel of the year by Jetsetter.com.