Record-setting win for Conrad Maldives at World Luxury Restaurant Awards
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island has won a record number of 22 titles at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards 2017, making it the most awards won by a single hotel or resort in the history of the awards.
In recognition of the resort’s outstanding food and beverage offerings, Conrad Maldives Rangali Island was awarded the evening’s grand award for Ithaa Undersea Restaurant named Global Restaurant of the Year — an award previously held by Jahn at Conrad Koh Samui.
Other awards won by the resort at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards gala ceremony, which took place at the JW Marriott Hanoi hotel in Vietnam on July 22, include:
- Ithaa Undersea Restaurant: Luxury Unique Experience (Global Winner)
- Ithaa Undersea Restaurant: Luxury Resort Restaurant (Global Winner)
- Ithaa Undersea Restaurant: Luxury Scenic Setting (Continent Winner)
- Ithaa Undersea Restaurant: Fusion Cuisine (Continent Winner)
- Ithaa Undersea Restaurant: Ambience/Romantic Atmosphere (Continent Winner)
- Ithaa Undersea Restaurant: Haute Cuisine (Continent Winner)
- Ithaa Undersea Restaurant: Luxury Interior Design/Architecture (Continent Winner)
- Ufaa by Jereme Leung: Asian Cuisine (Global Winner)
- Ufaa by Jereme Leung: Fine Dining Cuisine (Continent Winner)
- Ufaa by Jereme Leung: Chinese Cuisine (Continent Winner)
- Ufaa by Jereme Leung: Luxury Unique Experience (Continent Winner)
- Ufaa by Jereme Leung: Haute Cuisine (Country Winner)
- Ufaa by Jereme Leung: Luxury Interior Design/Architecture (Country Winner)
- Ufaa by Jereme Leung: Luxury Resort Restaurant (Country Winner)
- Mandhoo Spa Restaurant: Health and Wellness Cuisine (Continent Winner)
- Mandhoo Spa Restaurant: Ambience/Romantic Atmosphere (Country Winner)
- Mandhoo Spa Restaurant: Luxury Scenic Setting (Country Winner)
- Vilu Restaurant and Bar: Mediterranean Cuisine (Continent Winner)
- Vilu Restaurant and Bar: Best Wine Selection (Continent Winner)
- Vilu Restaurant and Bar: Luxury Unique Experience (Country Winner)
- Koko Grill: Japanese Cuisine (Continent Winner)
- Koko Grill: Best Food Styling/Presentation (Continent Winner)
“We are honoured to be awarded the overall global restaurant of the year and subsequent 21 accolades by the World Luxury Restaurant Awards. These awards are a testament to what we deliver our guests every day; the most unique and inspired dining experiences in the Maldives and Indian Ocean,” Stefano Ruzza, General Manager of Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, was quoted in a statement as saying.
“Our team is committed to delivering the highest level of excellence, ensuring our guests experience world-class cuisine at each of our restaurants and bars. For our resort team the recognition from the World Luxury Restaurant awards, tourism professionals and guests worldwide lends encouragement to continually deliver the best for our guests each day.”
With over 100,000 votes cast for 1,000 entrants in 78 categories this year, the World Luxury Restaurant Awards recognise restaurants across the globe for their culinary excellence and memorable experiences, as well as assessing the quality of the atmosphere and service. The awards aim to provide luxury restaurants with increased recognition as well as introduce them to potential new guests, both local and international. Votes come from both guests and industry experts, thus providing a balanced and unbiased outcome based on the food experience as a whole.
Consistently recognised globally for its exceptional food and beverage offerings at its 12 restaurants and bars, Conrad Maldives Rangali Island is a true gourmand’s delight, providing an array of international cuisines in a truly inspired setting. Conrad Maldives is world-renowned for setting benchmarks in resort dining in the Maldives, being the first to create an undersea restaurant, Ithaa, the first to build an underground wine cellar, the first to establish a cheese bar, and the first authentic Chinese restaurant Ufaa, spearheaded by award-winning Chinese chef Jereme Leung.
In addition to the record-breaking win at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards, the resort ‘s commitment to excellence was recently recognised at the World Travel Awards Indian Ocean Gala Ceremony early this month, where it was recognised Maldives’ Leading Luxury Hotel Villa for the Sunset Water Villa. The awards were voted for by travel and tourism professionals worldwide and recognise hotel leaders across the globe.
As one of the Maldives’ leading resorts and one of Hilton Worldwide’s flagship properties, the award-winning Conrad Maldives Rangali Island resort offers 150 villas and suites, 12 restaurants and bars, two spas — all stretched over two remote islands. It features the Ithaa Undersea Restaurant, world’s first undersea restaurant made from only glass.
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island is home to two unique spa experiences; The Spa Retreat on Rangalifinolhu Island and the Over Water Spa on Rangali Island. Combining expertise from around the world with carefully selected products and therapies influenced by the environment, the two spas offer unique and effective experiences to suit the needs of every individual.
The luxury resort also offers the popular Conrad Concierge mobile app, which gives global luxury travellers the ability to customise details of their hotel stay before, during, and after each visit via a smartphone or tablet. Whether it is pre-selecting bath amenities or checking in while in-transit from the airport, guests can access a variety of features by using the app.