Soneva to host unique eight-star Michelin experience in Maldives
Soneva has announced a one-off luxury culinary experience this October where six Michelin-starred chefs will descend on its exclusive properties in the Maldives, Soneva Fushi and Soneva Jani.
Highlights of this three-night, star-studded line-up of events, organised in partnership with Dutch chef Henk Savelberg, include a one-night-only Michelin takeover of every Soneva restaurant in the Maldives, which will take place on October 21. On October 24, guests will be able to sample unforgettable flavours from across the globe at one of Soneva’s renowned food journeys, with Michelin-starred stalls running the length of Soneva Fushi. Finally, on October 25, the Soneva Fushi Chef Battle will see teams of three Michelin-starred chefs going head to head in a captivating fight-for-survival cooking contest.
On October 21, the resorts’ restaurants will operate as per guests’ meal plans and usual à la carte menu prices. The exclusive food journey is priced at USD 450 ++per person, while the exciting chef battle costs USD 350 ++per person.
The Michelin-starred chefs participating in this one-off event are:
- André van Alten (one Michelin star) – Restaurant La Provence, Driebergen-Rijsenburg, Netherlands
- Edwin Vinke (two Michelin stars) – Restaurant De Kromme Watergang, Hoofdplaat, Netherlands
- Jos Grootscholten (one Michelin star) – Old Town Hall, Capelle aan den Ijssel, Netherlands
- Andre Van Doorn (one Michelin star) – Restaurant Kasteel Heemstede, Houten, Netherlands
- John Alexander Jarno Eggen (two Michelin stars) – De Groene Lantaarn, Zuidwolde, Netherlands
- Wilco Berends (one Michelin star) – De Nederlanden, Vreeland, Netherlands
Established in 1995, Soneva Fushi is the original Soneva. The No News, No Shoes blueprint for all desert island barefoot luxury hideaways is located within the Baa Atoll UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in the Maldives. Soneva Fushi inspires the imagination with 57 spacious beachfront villas, ranging in size from one to nine bedrooms, hidden amongst dense foliage.
Soneva Jani is Soneva’s newest property, which opened in late 2016. Soneva Jani encompasses a collection of 24 overwater villas and one island villa set in a 5.6 kilometre private lagoon located in the northern Noonu Atoll. The resort spans five islands surrounded by pure white beaches, covered in rich tropical vegetation, offering the ultimate in privacy and luxury.